Mrs. Crenshaw's Principal's Post contains important updates for the upcoming school year! Click here for the Principal's Post sent to families on Saturday, July 31st.
Vanderlyn PTO Registration
Vanderlyn families, the Membership Toolkit system is OPEN for 2021–2022 online PTO registration!
1. Go to Vanderlyn’s MEMBERSHIP TOOLKIT at www.vanderlynpto.org to create or update your online account**, and complete the following:
- Parent and student family information: All families need to enter their contact information. Once entered, it will be saved for the online directory.
- Your directory and publishing preferences
**Please note: If you already have an account on Membership Toolkit, your account becomes “inactive” at the end of the school year. When you login, it will ask you to verify your account and information for this year. Your previous login and password will work, and your child’s grade level will automatically be updated to reflect his or her promotion to the next grade.
2. Fill out the OPEN FORMS to complete your PTO registration and pay for your student’s items with a credit card. Click on “my account” and “online forms”.
- Student Fees: This form includes classroom dues, field trip fees, and agendas (for grades 2-5).
- 2021–22 PTO Membership form: Joining the PTO provides you an active voice to support your child’s school and is the best way to stay connected with what is going on at Vanderlyn. Membership also provides you with access to the online school directory.
- Annual Fund One-Check, One-Time Donation form: Please help us continue the tradition of excellence at Vanderlyn by donating money to the 2021-2022 Annual Fund campaign. 100% of your donation will be used to enhance the educational experience of every student and faculty member at our school.
Programs Supported by the Annual Fund:
Faculty Development and Appreciation - Seminars, conferences, training (i.e., Orton-Gillingham and Project Based Learning), and stipends
Educational Programs - Educational materials, author visits, teaching gardens, academic competitions, field trips, and book room resources
STEM Initiatives - STEM lab supplies, STEM resources, STEM community nights, and STEM career day
Schoolwide Events - International Night (Passport to the World), VanderDash, and Field Day
Facility Care and Campus Safety - outdoor classrooms, clinic supplies, playground equipment, landscaping, and upgrades to the Media Center
Without your Annual Fund donations, these programs would not be possible. All donations, large and small, DO make a difference. Help us reach our goal of 100% participation. Be a Viking Champion, donate today!
- Spirit Wear 2021–2022: We have new designs for our Spirit Wear this year! We will be taking online Spirit Wear orders today through August 16th. All orders placed by this deadline will be delivered to your child’s homeroom. If you miss the ordering deadline, limited quantities and sizes of Spirit Wear will be available for purchase. Secure the designs and sizes you want by ordering online. Contact Ashley Cohron with any Spirit Wear questions.
PTO Volunteers Needed
It is hard to believe the end of the year is upon us. To set us up for another great year at Vanderlyn, we are already planning for our 2021-2022 school year. A big part of our school’s success is our parent volunteers. Our PTO’s mission is to support our school and our children by providing the volunteers and financial resources to enrich every child’s educational experience.
To learn more about how you can get involved or for information about co-chairing a committee, please reach out to Jennifer Dees & Sara Graviss at firstname.lastname@example.org.